As Media Pipeline Developer, you love being at the spearhead of technology and building reliable and scalable media backend systems that power great user experiences. In YBVR Media Pipeline team, you will be working on the media processing system that enables some of our core technologies to deliver the most advanced immersive video experience with extremely high resolution and framerate, bandwidth savings, interactive flexibility, and multi-platform support.
The ideal candidate will have experience building backend systems for video-related solutions, taking existing codebases in order to evolve them, communicating effectively as part of a team of both technical and non-technical audiences, and have a strong focus on high-performance and optimization.
You will work in a dynamic startup environment, which is best suited if you consider yourself to be a highly motivated self-starter, and if you wish to work in an environment with an positive vibe and a range of people from product managers and designers to developers and business analysts to bring new features into the world
What will you do
- Develop the video pipeline backend logic for ingestion, processing and delivery of immersive video contents.
- Develop interfaces for the media pipeline components to connect and interact with additional systems and users across the technology stack
- Develop new features, reusable components, and documentation.
- Create test automation tools for the entire end-to-end streaming cycle running on the backend components and connecting to client applications
- Participate in team cross training, code reviews, and mentoring of more junior developers
- Coordinate with your team to define development timeframes, dependencies, and areas of risk to be considered in project planning
- Prototype ideas into self-contained demos.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have 2+ years’ experience in software development
- Know how to build software with Unix Shell scripting and Python
- Have built client and backend software in Java
- Are familiar with C/C++, even if you have no recent experience with it.
- Know about key video pipeline processes (encoding, decoding, streaming protocols).
- Can grasp the basics of working with cloud infrastructures (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Feel comfortable understanding the full software development life cycle and agile/scum methodologies.
- Ability to write well documented code/scripts and maintain the existing code-base.
- Fluent English speaker
Bonus points if you also
- Reach 5+ years’ experience in software development.
- Have studies in Computer Science, Engineering, related degree, or similar technical fields
- Have experience with streaming protocols such as HLS or MPEG-DASH.
- Are more than familiar, and have built software in C/C++
- Have experience working and building web APIs (e.g. REST, websockets, web services)
- Have used cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Have worked with container architectures (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Super bonus if you
- Have worked with open-source video streaming software (e.g. FFMPEG, GStreamer, MP4Box, Shaka Packager).
- Have worked with video DRMs (e.g Widevine, Fairplay, Playready)
Sound like you?
We would love to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in!
At YBVR, we’re a forward-thinking team committed to redefining Immersive Broadcasting. With bases in Silicon Valley and Madrid, our goal is to enhance Immersive Experiences for live events, making them crisper, more engaging, reachable for anyone.
If you’re eager to contribute to a dynamic team that’s reimagining the VR landscape, we’d love to connect. Join us in driving innovation in the VR industry!🚀🌟