We are seeking a full-time Low-latency video streaming developer to join our team in Spain.
This person will be helping us build highly-available backend platform systems across the entire stack of technologies of our immersive video distribution platform. As Video Streaming Developer you will work to improve our low latency media pipeline and provide the highest quality experience by giving reliability and scalability to the video backend.
The ideal candidate will have experience building backend systems for video-related solutions, taking existing codebases in order to evolve them, communicating effectively as part of a team of both technical and non-technical audiences, and have a strong focus on high-performance and optimization.
You will work in a dynamic startup environment, which is best suited if you consider yourself to be a highly motivated self-starter, and if you wish to work in an environment with a positive vibe and a range of people from product managers and designers to developers and business analysts to bring new features into the world.
- Work closely with a development team to develop immersive video applications.
- Develop new features, reusable components, and documentation.
- Create test automation tools for the entire end-to-end streaming cycle running on the backend components and connecting to client applications.
- Participate in team cross training, code reviews, and mentoring of more junior developers.
- Coordinate with your team to define development timeframes, dependencies, and areas of risk to be considered in project planning.
- Prototype ideas into self-contained demos.
- Over 2 years of experience in software development.
- Proven experience building software with Unix Shell scripting and Python.
- Experience building client and backend software in Java.
- Knowledge of development in C/C++.
- Knowledge of video processes (encoding, decoding, streaming protocols).
- Good understanding of the key points of low latency and experience dealing with them.
- Knowledge of low-latency video protocols (RTMP, RTP, WebRTC, RTSP).
- Experience configuring and deploying web servers (e.g. Nginx).
- Good understanding of cloud infrastructures (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle.
- Ability to quickly find creative solutions to difficult problems.
- Ability to write well documented code/scripts and maintain the existing code-base.
- Fluent English speaker.
- Over 5 years of experience in software development.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related degree, or relevant professional experience.
- Experience building software in C/C++.
- Experience working and building web APIs (e.g. REST, WebSockets, web services).
- Experience with using cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience with container architectures (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience working with open-source video streaming software (e.g. FFMPEG, GStreamer, MP4Box, Shaka Packager) is a big plus.
- Knowledge of big data technologies and solutions (e.g. Elasticsearch).
- Familiarity working in a scrum/agile environment.
YBVR (http://www.ybvr.com) brings emotions closer to the live events fans. YBVR is a Silicon Valley based technology start-up building the next generation of live immersive video experiences VR/360, unleashing the potential of immersive broadcasting disruption, by providing unparalleled immersive experiences to the sport fans and concerts fans connected from anywhere with any device: mobile, web or XR devices.
YBVR has a solid track record in Immersive Sports since 2017. Among others, Real Madrid, Australian Open tennis, Winter X Games, Euroleague Basketball, Fan Controlled Football League, Verizon, Singtel and Telefonica, already trust YBVR as immersive technology partner.
YBVR is an exciting environment, always in construction, re-invented everyday by the most dynamic and sometimes crazy team of very solid professionals who are transforming an industry out of our passion for the challenging immersive video streaming world and the Sport/Music tech.
YBVR HQ is based in San Jose, CA, with R&D Center based in Madrid and commercial teams in Japan and Singapore.