We are looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to become part of the team creating our Immersive video platform based in Madrid. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to get involved with cutting edge immersive technologies, and moreover to get inside the VR world with the latest video streaming technologies.
The ideal candidate will have experience evaluating the quality of a software product, be an effective communicator and a problem solver, work with a high degree of autonomy, be passionate for testing and problem-solving, and be willing to initiate changes and introduce innovative ideas.
Additionally, as an early-stage startup, we would like our candidate to be versatile and not afraid of taking on new challenges. If you are eager to learn new skills and enjoy working in a dynamic environment with an incredibly positive vibe, consider applying!
- Lead the testing activities across the entire stack of technologies: Front-end, back-end, and APIs
- Build a quality-driven culture, be the advocate for good QA practices and lead the Quality Assurance mindset across the entire development team.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Execute tests as part of the product release cycles.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plans.
- Analyze other areas of low coverage and enhance the test plan to cover them.
- Identify, record, document, and track bugs.
- Analyze the test results from a technical perspective to find problems and practical solutions.
- Writing and logging problem reports.
- Document and communicate test results to the development team.
- Lead the test automation strategy, coordinate with the development team to implement it.
- Set up lab configurations.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Experience with multiplatform testing, ideally also having exposure in testing mobile apps (iOS and Android).
- Experience working with continuous integration and test automation.
- Experience with automation front end testing tools (e.g. Cypress , Selenium, Appium).
- Experience with XRAY test management tool.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Studies in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or any similar technical field.
- 2+ years of experience in similar QA positions.
- Knowledge in video player development and streaming industry specifications such as MPEG-DASH, HLS, Smooth Streaming, etc.
- Experience working with AWS, or any other main public cloud service.
- Previous experience in software testing and test automation suites.
- Experience with VR games/apps is a plus.